Saturday 21 September 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cecil Fielder and Momma Dee.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Dementia 13, directed by Francis Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while I Owe Russia $1200 by Bob Hope was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1963 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Cecil Fielder: American baseball player: first baseman for the Anaheim Angels.
- Momma Dee: Reality Star.
- Curtly Ambrose: Antiguan cricketer and bass player.
- Angus Macfadyen: Scottish actor and screenwriter.
- Mamoru Samuragochi: Japanese composer.
- Paulino Masip: Spanish author and playwright (d. 1963).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?