Saturday 5 August 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Reid and Darryl Yung.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1972 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Arthur Reid: Nashville, Tennessee -- Pairs skater (with Jennifer Darst).
- Darryl Yung: Victoria, British Columbia -- Badminton player (1996 Olympics).
- Christian Olde Wolbers: Belgian guitarist and bassist (Fear Factory).
- Nathaniel Bellows: Aemrican author of "On this Day" a well-received first novel, published in February 2003.
- J-Ax : Rapper.
- Ikuto Hidaka: Japanese professional wrestler
- Aaqib Javed: Pakistani cricketer and coach
- Darren Shahlavi: English-American actor and martial artist (d. 2015)
- Theodore Whitmore: Jamaican footballer and manager
- Christian Wolbers: Belgian-American guitarist songwriter and producer (Fear Factory Beowülf Arkaea and Kush)
- Detroit shortstop Ed Brinkman errors ends record streak of 72 games and 331 total chances without a miscue
- Moody Blues release Nights in White Satin
- Uganda President Idi Amin throws out all 80,000 Asians
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Derek and the Dominos - Layla
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?