Thursday 3 August 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erika Marozsán and Adrià Collado.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Optimist'S Daughter by Eudora Welty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 August 1972 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Erika Marozsán: Hungarian actress.
- Adrià Collado
- Tore Renberg
- Brigid Brannagh: American actress.
- Jorge Luis Pila
- Travis Hall: Defensive tackle (Atlanta Falcons).
- Melissa Ponzio: TV Actress.
- Sandis Ozoliņš: Latvian ice hockey player and politician.
- Alain Bolduc: Montreal, Quebec -- Yachter (1996 Olympics).
- Jeff Nygaard: Madison, Wisconsin -- Volleyball middle blocker (1996 Olympics).
- John Lilley: Wakefield, Massachusetts -- US hockey forward (1994 Olympics).
- Sandis Ozolinsh: Riga, Latvia -- NHL defenseman (Colorado Avalanche).
- Giannis Papaioannou: Turkey-born Greek musician and composer (Born 1913).
- British Premier Heath proclaims emergency crisis due to harbor strike
- Chozen-ji / International Zen Dojo founded by Omori Sogen Roshi, in Hawaii
- The United States Senate ratifies the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Derek and the Dominos - Layla
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?