Tuesday 8 August 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lupus Thunder and Yvonne De Bark.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1972 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Lupus Thunder: American musician (The Bloodhound Gang).
- Yvonne De Bark: German actress and author, active in sport.
- Éric Poujade: French gymnast who competed in the 1996 Summer Olympics and in the 2000 Summer Olympics.
- Joely Collins: Canadian actress and producer.
- Andrea de Rossi: Italian rugby player and coach.
- Andrea Feldman: American actor (Born 1948).
- New York Yanks sign 30-year lease to play in remodeled Yankee Stadium
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?