Saturday 19 August 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Colleen Thornburn and Pierre Allard.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
Blacula, directed by William Crain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Midnight Special.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1972 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Colleen Thornburn: Toronto, Ontario -- Softball catcher (1996 Olympics).
- Pierre Allard: Hockey forward (Team France 1998).
- Sammi Cheng Sau Man: Hong Kong singer and actress.
- Roberto Abbondanzieri: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Sammi Cheng: Hong Kong singer and actress.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Nilsson - Coconut
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?