Friday 5 January 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Evans and Ricky Paull Goldin.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Couples by John Updike was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zimmer 13.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1968 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Carl Evans: Actor (Guilding Light).
- Ricky Paull Goldin: American actor.
- Joe Juneau in Pont-Rouge: QuTbec, Canada; NHL center (Washington Capitals).
- Felton Spencer: NBA center (Utah Jazz).
- Jean Zedlitz in Stockton: California, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 Children's Med-14th).
- Leila Meskhi in Tbilisi: Georgia; tennis star (1995 Hobart).
- DJ Bobo: Swiss singer
- Carrie Ann Inaba: American dancer and choreographer
- Irving Chapman: American vehicular homicide, killed several people with his car while driving drunk. In 1988 he killed a teenage classmate in Pepperell, MA. He served two years in jail and his license was revoked forever. In the fall of 1999 he was picked up and charged with driving without a license. Nonetheless, he was driving again, drunk again and speeding , on 1/02/1999 when he crashed head-on into two high school sweethearts, killing them both. Chapman had a pal who was a passenger in both accidents who c
- Nicole Murphy: Reality Star
- Carrie Inaba: Dancer
- DJ BoBo: Swiss singer-songwriter and producer
- Andrew Golota: Polish-American boxer
- Joé Juneau: Canadian ice hockey player and engineer
- Jean Murat: French actor who entered films in his mid-30s and played young leading men of French films between the two wars.
- Alexander Dubcek comes to power: ''Prague Spring'' begins in Czechoslovakia.
- Dr Benjamin Spock indicted for conspiring to violate draft law.
- Dubcek succeeds President Novotny as party leader of Czechoslovakia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?