Sunday 28 January 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marnie McBean in Vancouver and Henry Hering in Pointe-Claire.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zirkus meines Lebens.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1968 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Marnie McBean in Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; rower (Olympics-gold-1992, 1996).
- Henry Hering in Pointe-Claire: QuTbec, Canada; rower (Olympics-9-1992, 1996).
- Rakim (William Michael Griffin Jr): American rapper.
- Frédéric Caudron: Belgian professional three-cushion billiards player, world champion, nicknamed "L'Extraterrestre" ("The Extraterrestrial").
- Sarah McLachlan: Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, and pianist.
- Goose Goslin and Kiki Cuyler elected to baseball Hall of Fame.
- 29th PGA Seniors Golf Championship: Chandler Harper.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 January 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Marvin Gaye - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?