Thursday 25 January 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lynette Brooky and Roosevelt Collins.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Report From Iron Mountain by Leonard C. Lewin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zirkus meines Lebens.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 January 1968 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Lynette Brooky: in New Zealand; golfer (New Zealand Open 1993/94).
- Roosevelt Collins: WLAF defensive line (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Tom Richey: Scottish-American homicide; the murderer of a woman while he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- Eric Orie: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Virginia Maskell: Actress (Only Two Can Play), dies at 31.
- Risse St. in Bronx named
- The Israeli submarine ''INS Dakar'' sinks in the Mediterranean Sea, killing 69.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Marvin Gaye - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?