Wednesday 5 July 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Isabelle Poulenard and Patrizia Scianca.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Quarter To Three by Gary U.S. Bonds.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1961 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Isabelle Poulenard: French soprano.
- Patrizia Scianca: Italian voice actress.
- Nigel Cimone: American artist using neon tubes to create art and atmosphere.
- Tracey Davis: American biographer, who has written two books about her famous actor father: "Sammy Davis Jr.
- 80 die in collisions in Algiers
- KUSD TV channel 2 in Vermillion, SD (PBS) begins broadcasting
- St. Louis Cardinal Bill White hits 3 HRs and a double
- The first Israeli rocket, ''Shavit 2'', is launched.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 July 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?