Sunday 16 July 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fabrice Brégier .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while A Nation Of Sheep by William J. Lederer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1961!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 July 1961 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- [Louise] Sophie M E de Vries: Actress (English Prof), dies at 88.
- Kathy Cornelius wins LPGA Tippecanoe Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Paul Anka - Dance On Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?