Friday 28 July 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Huff and Scott E Parazynski.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Mysterious Island, directed by Cy Endfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1961 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- David Huff: Rocker (Giant).
- Scott E Parazynski: Little Rock, Arkansas -- MD / Astronaut (STS 66, 86, sk:95).
- Alexander Kurlovitch: Soviet weightlifter.
- Yannick Dalmas: French race car driver.
- Aleksandr Kurlovich: Belarusian weightlifter.
- Harlem Yu: Taiwanese singer-songwriter and actor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 July 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Connie Francis - Together
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?