Tuesday 25 July 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katherine Kelly Lang in Los Angeles and Hugo Teufel III.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Mysterious Island, directed by Cy Endfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1961 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Katherine Kelly Lang in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Brooke - The Bold and the Beautiful).
- Hugo Teufel III: 2nd Chief Privacy Officer, Department of Homeland Security.
- Katherine Lang: American actress, nored for her role as Brooke Logan on the CBS Daytime soap opera "The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987–present).
- Bobbie Eakes: American actress and singer.
- Hugo Teufel: American lawyer and politician.
- Maris hits home runs 37, 38, 39 and 40 in a doubleheader
- In a speech John F. Kennedy emphasizes that any attack on Berlin is an attack on NATO.
- At Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts, the first All-Star Game tie in major league baseball history occurs, when the game is stopped in the 9th inning due to rain (the only tie until 2002 in MLB All-Star Game history).
- Ireland submits the first ever application to join the then European Economic Community.
- August ndash USA founds Alliance for Progress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Connie Francis - Together
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?