Wednesday 5 March 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Marche and Myrna Dell.
The Thief of Bagdad, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 March 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1924 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Roger Marche: French soccer player for the Reims team (winner of the Cup of France in 1950, Champion of France in 1949 and 1953) and for the Racing Club of Paris.
- Myrna Dell
- Guy Huygens
- King Hussein of Hedzjaz appoints himself kalief.
- Frank Carauna becomes first to bowl two successive perfect 300 games.
- Computing-Tabulating-Recording Corp becomes IBM.