Saturday 1 March 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Deke Slayton and Édouard Caillau.
The Fighting Coward, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1924 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Deke Slayton: American astronaut who flew the Apollo 18 mission on 7/15/1975 in which the first meeting of the U.S.
- Donald "Deke" Kent Slayton in Sparta: Wisconsin, USA; Major US Air Force/astronaut (Apollo 18).
- Édouard Caillau: Belgian music hall, cabaret, and TV host.
- Donald Slayton: Sparta Military man.
- John Comer: English actor (d. 1984).
- Arnold Drake: American author and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Louise MA: Princess of Belgium, dies at 66.