Sunday 16 March 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucille Van Tassel and Beryl Davis.
The Thief of Bagdad, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1924 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Lucille Van Tassel: American psychic who, having been aware of her abilities from the age of five, is the most celebrated and tested psychic in California, ranking in the top three gifted psychics by over 400 tests.
- Beryl Davis: English-American singer (d. 2011).
- In accordance with the Treaty of Rome, Fiume became annexed as part of Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mama Loves Papa - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Say it with a Ukelele - Frank Crumit
- Will Rogers' First Political Speech - Will Rogers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?