Monday 17 March 1924, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Peers and Stephen Dodgson.
The Thief of Bagdad, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1924 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- William Peers: Belgian gynecologist, highly active in attempts to legalize medical abortions in Belgium.
- Stephen Dodgson: English composer and educator (d. 2013).
- Netherlands and the USSR begin talks over USSR recognition
- Sweden and the USSR exchange diplomats
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mama Loves Papa - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Say it with a Ukelele - Frank Crumit
- Will Rogers' First Political Speech - Will Rogers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?