Saturday 8 March 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 8, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Charpak and René Allio.
The Thief of Bagdad, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 March 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1924 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Georges Charpak: Ukrainian-French physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2010).
- René Allio
- Denise Gence: French actress, a 'sociétaire honoraire' of the Comédie-Française, who died in Paris on 28 September 2011.
- Anthony Caro: English sculptor and illustrator (d. 2013).
- Sean McClory: Dublin, Ireland -- Actor (Jack-Californians, My Chauffeur).
- Walter Chiari: Italian hugely successful stage and screen actor, mostly in comedy roles.
- Rene Allio: French artist, decorator and film maker.
- Victor "Toby" Neuberg: Teacher / writer.
- The Castle Gate mine disaster kills 172 coal miners near Castle Gate, Utah.