Monday 31 March 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Cubitt 4th Lord Ashcombe ("Mad Harry") and Leo Buscaglia in Los Angeles.
Beau Brummel, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1924 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Harry Cubitt 4th Lord Ashcombe ("Mad Harry"): English landowner.
- Leo Buscaglia in Los Angeles: California, USA; "Dr Hug", psychologist (Love).
- Leo Buscaglia: American psychologist and author called "Dr. Hug," and "Dr. Love" due to his doctrine of loving care and the ending of his lectures with bear hugs for the audience.
- Charles Guggenheim: American film director and producer (d. 2002).
- George Charles Haite: English designer, painter and illustrator (Born1855).
- Croydon Airport: 1st British mig aircraft Imperial established
- London public transport strike ends.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Take, Oh Take, Those Lips Away - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- You Will Never Miss Your Mother Until She is Gone - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Dream Daddy - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?