Sunday 24 July 1904
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leo Arnaud and James R Killian Jr.
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1904!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1904 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Leo Arnaud: French-American composer, arranger and conductor, often of film scores, best known for "Bugler's Dream", which is used as the theme by television networks presenting the Olympic Games in the United States.
- James R Killian Jr: MIT President (1948-59).
- Richard B Morris: American constitutional historian (d. 1989).
- Richard Morris: American historian and academic (d. 1989).