Wednesday 5 November 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Noone and Oleg Antropov.
Mourning Becomes Electra, directed by Dudley Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1947 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Peter Noone: British singer, guitarist, actor, band leader and songwriter.
- John Yarmuth: Politician.
- Oleg Antropov: USSR -- Volleyball player (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Ruben Juarez: Argentine bandoneonist (d. 2010).
- Quint Davis: American director and producer.
- Rubén Juárez: Argentinian singer-songwriter and bandoneon player (d. 2010).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- So Far - Margaret Whiting
- So Far - Frank Sinatra
- Ballerina - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- The Whistler - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra