Sunday 5 November 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Debbie Massey and Thorbj?rn Jagland.
King Solomon's Mines, directed by Compton Bennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Anybody Can Do Anything by Betty MacDonald was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1950 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Debbie Massey: Grosse Pointe, Michigan -- LPGA golfer (1979 Wheeling Classic).
- Thorbj?rn Jagland: Norwegian statesman.
- Thorbjørn Jagland: Norwegian politician 25th Prime Minister of Norway.
- James Kennedy: American psychologist and author.
- Jacobus J E Hondius: Dutch classicist / graphic artist, dies at 53.
- Philippines President Quirino ends emergency crisis
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- To Think You've Chosen Me - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- One Finger Melody - Frank Sinatra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?