Wednesday 5 October 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adair Ferguson and Angela Molina.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Crusader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1955 ?
- Adair Ferguson: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Angela Molina: Spanish actress.
- Tate Armstrong: American athlete, pro basketball from 1977-79, two seasons.
- John Alexander: Actor (Alien PI), dies at 85.
- Jean-Jacques Lafon: French singer-songwriter.
- Caroline Loeb: French singer and actress
- Ángela Molina: Spanish actress and singer
- Adair Turner: Baron Turner of Ecchinswell English academic and businessman
- Disneyland Hotel opens to the public in Anaheim, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Only You (And You Alone)
- Gogi Grant - Suddenly There's A Valley
- Rusty Draper - The Shifting, Whispering Sands
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?