Thursday 27 October 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Shamus Wiles and Debra Bowen.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Guys and Dolls, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Why Johnny Can'T Read by Rudolf Franz Flesch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Matinee Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 27 October 1955 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Michael Shamus Wiles
- Debra Bowen: American lawyer and politician 31st Secretary of State of California.
- Argentine peso devalued
- Satomi Myodo, renews Zen nun vows and takes Buddhist name of Daien Myodo
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?