Friday 5 October 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 5, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Colin McCabe and Drew Hill.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Between Heaven and Hell, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Straight And Narrow Path by Honor Tracy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Hiram Holliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1956 ?
- Colin McCabe
- Drew Hill: American athlete, a football wide receiver for the Houston Oilers, Atlanta Falcons and Los Angeles Rams for 14 seasons.
- Joseph Erlanger: American physiologist who is best known for his contributions to the field of neuroscience.
- Yogi Berra becomes the fourth New York Yankees' player to hit a World Series Grand Slam (World Series #53).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?