Saturday 5 September 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Pernice Jr and Graham Yost.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Twixt Twelve And Twenty by Pat Boone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Man and the Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1959 ?
- Tom Pernice Jr: Kansas City, Missouri -- Nike golfer (1989 Centel Classic-4th).
- Graham Yost: Canadian screenwriter and noted family, the son of TV host Elwy Yost.
- Frank Schirrmacher: German journalist and publisher (d. 2014).
- Washingston Senator Jim Lemon is 7th to get 6 RBIs in an inning (3rd)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?