Tuesday 29 September 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Graves and Gary Sampson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sleep Walk by Santo and Johnny.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Pillow Talk, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bourbon Street Beat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1959 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Leslie Graves: Silver City, New Mexico -- Actress (Brenda-Capitol, Death Wish 2).
- Gary Sampson: American homicide; a deadbeat dad, a small-time thief, a desperate alcoholic and finally, the killer of three alleged victims.
- Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis, debuts on CBS-TV
- Philip Marlowe, debuts on ABC-TV
- Dodgers win game 2 of playoff, 6-5, and take NL pennant
- Little Anthony and the Imperials record Shimmy Shimmy Koko Bop
- Sultan of Brunei promulgates a constitution.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?