Wednesday 26 September 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tracey Thorn and Melissa Sue Anderson in California.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Arkadin, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while My Life In Court by Louis Nizer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Eleventh Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1962 ?
- Tracey Thorn: Rock vocalist (Everything But The Girl).
- Melissa Sue Anderson in California: USA; actress (Little House on the Prairie).
- Melissa Anderson: American child actress who grew into adolescence before the viewer's eyes, warming the hearts of millions with her role of blind Mary Ingalls in the beloved TV series "Little House on the Prairie.
- Peter Foster: Australian con artist.
- Mark Haddon: English author and poet.
- Lawrence Leritz: American actor singer and dancer
- Steve Moneghetti: Australian marathoner (1988, 92, 96 Olympics - 5th Place)
- Al Pitrelli: American guitarist and songwriter (Megadeth Savatage Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Asia)
- Jacky Wu: Taiwanese singer actor and television host
- LA Dodger Maury Wills becomes 1st to steal 100 bases (en route to 104)
- TV comedy series Beverly Hillbillies premieres on CBS
- Yemen Arab Republic proclaimed (National Day)
- The Yemen Arab Republic is proclaimed.
- Civil war erupts in Yemen.
- A flash flood in Barcelona, Spain, kills more than 440 people.
- Rachel Carson's book ''Silent Spring'' is released, giving rise to the modern environmentalist movement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?