Wednesday 26 September 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melissa Sue Anderson and Tracey Thorn.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Dr. No, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Saint.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 September 1962
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1962 ?
- Melissa Sue Anderson
- Tracey Thorn: Rock vocalist (Everything But The Girl).
- Mark Haddon: English author and poet.
- Lawrence Leritz: American actor singer and dancer.
- Steve Moneghetti: Australian marathoner (1988, 92, 96 Olympics - 5th Place).
- Melissa Sue Anderson in California: USA; actress (Little House on the Prairie).
- Jacky Wu: Taiwanese singer actor and television host.
- Al Pitrelli: American guitarist and songwriter (Megadeth Savatage Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Asia).
- Melissa Anderson: American child actress who grew into adolescence before the viewer's eyes, warming the hearts of millions with her role of blind Mary Ingalls in the beloved TV series "Little House on the Prairie.
- Peter Foster: Australian con artist.
- LA Dodger Maury Wills becomes 1st to steal 100 bases (en route to 104)
- TV comedy series Beverly Hillbillies premieres on CBS
- Yemen Arab Republic proclaimed (National Day)
- The Yemen Arab Republic is proclaimed.
- Civil war erupts in Yemen.
- A flash flood in Barcelona, Spain, kills more than 440 people.
- Rachel Carson's book ''Silent Spring'' is released, giving rise to the modern environmentalist movement.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Booker T. & The MG's - Green Onions
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Brook Benton - Lie To Me
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- Tommy Roe - Sheila
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me
- The Isley Brothers - Twist And Shout
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?