Tuesday September 5, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 5, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katerina Graham and Ines Putri.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hangin' Tough by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
A Dry White Season, directed by Euzhan Palcy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Karate Kid.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing David Wolf: Secret Agent or The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1989 ?
- Katerina Graham: American actress/singer/dancer.
- Ines Putri
- Chloe Wilburn: Reality Star.
- Elena Donne: Basketball Player.
- Kat Graham: TV Actress.
- José Valdés: Spanish footballer.
- Bianca Guidotti: Filipino model.
- Ben Youngs: English rugby union Scrum-Half.
- Chris Evert last US Open match, she is defeated by Zina Garrison
- Deborah Norville becomes news anchor of Today Show
- U.S. President George H. W. Bush holds up a bag of cocaine purchased across the street at Lafayette Park in his first televised speech to the nation.
- South African general election, 1989: the last held under apartheid returns the National Party to power with a much-reduced majority.
- In the Dutch general election, the Christian Democratic Appeal, led by Ruud Lubbers wins 54 seats, and is ultimately able to form a government on November 7 after entering into coalition with the Labour Party.
- England holds Sweden to a 0–0 draw in Sweden, qualifying for the 1990 FIFA World Cup. The game becomes famous after Terry Butcher sustains a deep cut to his forehead early in the game. He receives stitches but plays on the entire game. By the end of the game, the front of Butcher's white shirt and shorts are almost entirely covered in blood.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1989?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- Warrant - Heaven
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
- Skid Row - 18 And Life
Top #10 R&B songs
- My Fantasy (From "Do The Right Thing") - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- Sharon Bryant - Let Go
- E.U. - Taste Of Your Love
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- I Do - Natalie Cole (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- If You Asked Me To (From "Licence To Kill") - Patti LaBelle
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Lucerito - Cuentame
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?