Wednesday 5 September 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rose McGowan and Dita Pepe.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Day for Night, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It Pays to Be Ignorant.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 September 1973 ?
- Rose McGowan: American actress and singer.
- Dita Pepe
- Jenny Whittle: Australian basketball center (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Alexandra Kerry: American noted family, the first of two daughters of Senator John Forbes Kerry.
- Paddy Considine: English actor director and screenwriter.
- Jack Fournier: American baseball player and coach (d. 1973).
- Desert Song opens at Uris Theater NYC for 15 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- War - Gypsy Man
- Al Green - Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?