Thursday 6 September 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Rusedski and Carlo Cudicini.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Day for Night, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It Pays to Be Ignorant.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1973 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Greg Rusedski: Montreal, Quebec -- Tennis star (1995 Seoul).
- Carlo Cudicini: Italian footballer.
- Alessandro Troncon: Italian rugby player and coach.
- William H Harris: Composer, dies at 90.
- New York Times reports almost all Superfecta harness racing run at Yonkers, Roosevelt and Monticello from January to March of 1973 were fixed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 September 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- War - Gypsy Man
- Al Green - Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?