Sunday 16 September 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandre Vinokourov and Clint Peay.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Delta Dawn by Helen Reddy.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Feast, directed by Marco Ferreri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Kriminalerzählung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 16 September 1973 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Alexandre Vinokourov
- Clint Peay: Columbia, Maryland -- Soccer defender (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Stanek Sextuplets: American sextuplets, the last born of six babies born in a period of less than one hour.
- George Corrie: English footballer.
- Justin Haythe: American author and screenwriter.
- Alexander Vinokourov: Kazakh cyclist and manager.
- Frederic Meyer: Actor (Faraway Hill), dies at 63.
- Desert Song closes at Uris Theater NYC after 15 performances
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Southgate Ladies Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- War - Gypsy Man
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Al Green - Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 September 1973
- Atlanta Falcons - New Orleans Saints : 62 - 7
- Baltimore Colts - Cleveland Browns : 14 - 24
- Buffalo Bills - New England Patriots : 31 - 13
- Cincinnati Bengals - Denver Broncos : 10 - 28
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?