Friday 14 September 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nas (rapper) and Andrew Lincoln.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Delta Dawn by Helen Reddy.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Feast, directed by Marco Ferreri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Marilyn by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Kriminalerzählung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 14 September 1973 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Nas (rapper)
- Andrew Lincoln: British actor.
- Vincent Cespedes
- Tony Bui: Vietnamese director producer and screenwriter.
- Terrell Fletcher: NFL running back (SD Chargers).
- Mic Geronimo: American rapper.
- Linvoy Primus: English footballer.
- Mike Ward: Canadian comedian and actor.
- Alessandro Canino: Italian pop/rock singer.
- Nas : American rapper.
- Israel shoots down 13 Syrian MIG-21s
- Indianapolis is awarded a WHA franchise.
- US President Richard Nixon signs into law a measure lifting pro football's blackout.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- War - Gypsy Man
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Al Green - Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?