Tuesday 6 April 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Greenwood and Povl Bang-Jenson.
The Old Curiosity Shop, directed by Warwich Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1909 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Marion Greenwood: American painter who studied in Paris, held exhibitions and one-woman shows.
- Povl Bang-Jenson: Danish lawyer in 1937, Emissary to Washington D.C.
- Georges Rollin: France Actor.
- William M Branham: American evangelist (d. 1965).
- Hermann Lang: German race car driver (d. 1987).
- William Branham: American minister and theologian (d. 1965).
- Pierre Limagne: French deputy editor and domestic political columnist for 'La Croix,' a daily French general-interest Roman Catholic newspaper.
- 1st credit union forms in US
- United States Navy commander Robert Peary, assistant Matthew Henson, and four Inuit men reach the North Pole, the first documented men to reach the pole.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine on, Harvest Moon - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
- In the Garden of My Heart - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr