Tuesday 6 April 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Greenwood and Povl Bang-Jenson.
The Old Curiosity Shop, directed by Warwich Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1909 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Marion Greenwood: American painter who studied in Paris, held exhibitions and one-woman shows.
- Povl Bang-Jenson: Danish lawyer in 1937, Emissary to Washington D.C.
- Pierre Limagne: French deputy editor and domestic political columnist for 'La Croix,' a daily French general-interest Roman Catholic newspaper.
- Georges Rollin: France Actor.
- Albert R. Broccoli: Producer.
- Hermann Lang: German race car driver (d. 1987).
- William Branham: American minister and theologian (d. 1965).
- William M Branham: American evangelist (d. 1965).
- 1st credit union forms in US
- United States Navy commander Robert Peary, assistant Matthew Henson, and four Inuit men reach the North Pole, the first documented men to reach the pole.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine on, Harvest Moon - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
- In the Garden of My Heart - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr