Monday 19 April 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Topsy-Turvy, directed by Mike Leigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1909 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- 13th Boston Marathon won by Henri Renaud of New Hampshire in 2:53:36.8.
- The Anglo-Persian Oil Company, now BP, is incorporated.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Ay! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Oh, You Kid! - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Sweetest Gal in Town - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Message of the Red Rose - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson (as Miss Walton)
- Uncle Josh on a Fifth Avenue Bus (new version) - Cal Stewart