Monday 19 April 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Oliver Twist, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1909 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- 13th Boston Marathon won by Henri Renaud of New Hampshire in 2:53:36.8.
- The Anglo-Persian Oil Company, now BP, is incorporated.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Ay! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Oh, You Kid! - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Sweetest Gal in Town - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Message of the Red Rose - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson (as Miss Walton)
- Uncle Josh on a Fifth Avenue Bus (new version) - Cal Stewart