Thursday 1 April 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abner Biberman and Barney Oliver.
Poste restante, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1909 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Abner Biberman: American screenplay writer and minor actor in films before finding his niche as a TV director.
- Barney Oliver: Scientist.
- Eddie Duchin: Massachusetts, United States -- Society pianist / bandleader ( Orch).
- Eddy Duchin: American pianist and bandleader (d. 1951).