Thursday 1 April 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Duchin and Abner Biberman.
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1909 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Eddie Duchin: Massachusetts, United States -- Society pianist / bandleader ( Orch).
- Abner Biberman: American screenplay writer and minor actor in films before finding his niche as a TV director.
- Eddy Duchin: American pianist and bandleader (d. 1951).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When a Fellow's on the Level with a Girl Who's on the Square - Billy Murray
- I Wish I Had a Girl - Manuel Romain
- Pet Names - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Song That Reached My Heart - Evan Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?