Saturday 24 April 1909US date format: 4/24/1909, UK date format: 24/4/1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 24, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Irven Spence and Bernhard Grzimek.
Topsy-Turvy, directed by Mike Leigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1909 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Irven Spence: animator.
- Bernhard Grzimek: Silesian-German zoo director, zoologist, book author, editor, and animal conservationist in postwar West-Germany.
- Harry Hillman and Lawson Robertson run 100 metre 3-legged race in 11 seconds.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Ay! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Oh, You Kid! - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Sweetest Gal in Town - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Message of the Red Rose - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson (as Miss Walton)
- Uncle Josh on a Fifth Avenue Bus (new version) - Cal Stewart