Thursday 22 April 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 22, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rita Levi-Montalcini and Indro Montanelli.
Topsy-Turvy, directed by Mike Leigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1909 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Rita Levi-Montalcini: Italian neurologist.
- Indro Montanelli: Italian journalist and author of more than 60 books; the recipient of numerous awards including the World Press Review’s International Editor of the Year, 1994, and Spain’s Prince of Asturias Award, 1996.
- Andrew Meldrum: Scottish law enforcement officer who won the King's Police Medal in 1952 and served as both a police chief, and the chief constable of Fife in 1955.
- Rollo May: Psychologist.
- Ralph Byrd: Dayton, Ohio -- Actor (Dick Tracy TV Show).
- Robert Hommet: France Actor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Ay! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Oh, You Kid! - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Sweetest Gal in Town - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Message of the Red Rose - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson (as Miss Walton)
- Uncle Josh on a Fifth Avenue Bus (new version) - Cal Stewart