Thursday 6 April 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Ouellet and John Sculley.
Frontier Pony Express, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1939 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Andre Ouellet: French Canadian politician.
- John Sculley: American architect and CEO.
- André Ouellet: Canadian lawyer and politician 1st Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Robert Courtneidge: British theater producer.
- US and the UK agree on joint control of Canton and Enderbury Is (Pacific)
- Great Britain and Poland sign military pact.