Tuesday 13 April 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanislaw Marcin Ulam and Jan Veldkamp.
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1909 ?
- Jan Veldkamp: Dutch geophysicist / director (KNMI).
- Stanislaw Marcin Ulam: Polish mathematician (d. 1984).
- Mervyn Hugh: Cowie willife conservationist.
- Eudora Welty: American short-story writer and novelist whose work is mainly focused with great precision on the regional manners of people inhabiting a small Mississippi town that resembles her own birthplace and the Delta country.
- Stanislaw Ulam: Ukrainian-American mathematician and academic (d. 1984).
- Whitley Stokes: British lawyer (Born 1830).
- The Turkish military reverses the Ottoman countercoup of 1909 to force the deposal of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Garden of My Heart - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Shine on, Harvest Moon - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?