Tuesday 13 April 1909US date format: 4/13/1909, UK date format: 13/4/1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 13, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanislaw Marcin Ulam and Jan Veldkamp.
Topsy-Turvy, directed by Mike Leigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1909 ?
- Jan Veldkamp: Dutch geophysicist / director (KNMI).
- Stanislaw Marcin Ulam: Polish mathematician (d. 1984).
- Mervyn Hugh: Cowie willife conservationist.
- Eudora Welty: American short-story writer and novelist whose work is mainly focused with great precision on the regional manners of people inhabiting a small Mississippi town that resembles her own birthplace and the Delta country.
- Stanislaw Ulam: Ukrainian-American mathematician and academic (d. 1984).
- Whitley Stokes: British lawyer (Born 1830).
- The Turkish military reverses the Ottoman countercoup of 1909 to force the deposal of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Had a Girl - Harry Tally
- El Capitan March (new version) - Sousa's Band