Wednesday 6 April 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kymberly Paige and Young Man Kang.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (You're My) Soul And Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intercontinental Express.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1966 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Kymberly Paige: Newport Beach, California -- Playmate (May, 1987).
- Young Man Kang: South Korean film director.
- Vince Flynn: American author (d. 2013).
- Young Kang: South Korean-American director and producer.
- Julia Faye: Actress (10 Commandments.
- Mihir Sen swims the Palk Strait between Sri Lanka and India.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 April 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- B.J. Thomas - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Sure Gonna Miss Her
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?