Friday 15 April 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Graeme Clark bassist (Wet Wet Wet-Angel Eyes and Andrei Olhovskiy in Moscow.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (You're My) Soul And Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adrian, der Tulpendieb.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1966 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Graeme Clark bassist (Wet Wet Wet-Angel Eyes: Love is All Around).
- Andrei Olhovskiy in Moscow: Russia; tennis pro.
- Samantha Fox: British singer and hot pin-up girl, coming as a strong No.
- Mott Green: American businessman (d. 2013).
- Joseph Crehan: Dies of a stroke at 81.
- KHET TV channel 11 in Honolulu, HI (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Rolling Stones release Aftermath
- An anti-Nasser conspiracy is exposed in Egypt.
- China declares that it will stop economic aid to Indonesia.
- The 38th Academy Awards ceremony is held.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- The Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- B.J. Thomas - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?