Thursday 7 April 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margherita Zalaffi and Teri Ann Linn in Honolulu.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (You're My) Soul And Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Tell No Man by Adela Rogers St. Johns was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intercontinental Express.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 7 April 1966 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Margherita Zalaffi: Italian fencer, the winner of a Silver Medal at the Atlanta Olympics in the team epée with Chiesa and Uga on 7/24/1996, and a Gold Medal in team foils in the Barcelona games in 1992.
- Teri Ann Linn in Honolulu: Hawaii, USA; actress (Kristen - The Bold and the Beautiful).
- Richard Gomez: Filipino actor and politician.
- Gary Wilkinson: English snooker player.
- US recovers lost H-bomb from Mediterranean floor (whoops!)
- The United Kingdom asks the United Nations Security Council for authority to use force to stop oil tankers that violate the embargo against Rhodesia (authority is given April 10).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- B.J. Thomas - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Sure Gonna Miss Her
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?