Thursday 28 April 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Poole and Jim Poole in Rochester.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Good Lovin' by Young Rascals.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Court Martial.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1966 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Jim Poole: Rochester, New York -- Pitcher (Cleveland Indians).
- Jim Poole in Rochester: New York, USA; pitcher (Cleveland Indians).
- John Patrick Daly in Sacramento: California, USA; PGA golfer (1995 British Open).
- Jean-Luc Crétier: French skier, winner of Gold Medal in the Downhill in Nagano.
- John Daly: American golfer, a member of the PGA Tour.
- Too Short: American rapper
- Ralph Bunker: Actor (Ghost Goes West), dies of a stroke at 77.
- 38th Academy Awards - The Sound of Music, Julie Christie and Lee Marvin win.
- OCAM, Common Afro-Mauritian Organization forms.
- Cleveland Indians tie record with 10th straight win since Opening Day.
- 20th NBA Championship: Boston Celtics beat Los Angeles Lakers, 4 games to 3.
- In Rhodesia, security forces kill 7 ZANLA men in combat ''Chimurenga'', the ZANU rebellion, begins.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 April 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Herman's Hermits - Leaning On The Lamp Post
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?