Saturday 6 January 1962, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Landeta and Philip Brown.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Giant of Metropolis, directed by Umberto Scarpelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while My Saber Is Bent by Jack Paar was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tell It to Groucho.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1962
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1962 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Philip Brown: Birmingham, England -- 4x400m runner (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Sean Landeta: NFL place kicker (New York Giants).
- Michael Houser: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Widespread Panic and Brute) (d. 2002).
- Kevin Rosier: American mixed martial artist and boxer (d. 2015).
- Vangelis Vlachos: Greek footballer and manager.
- Jacob "Jaap" Nanninga Dutch painter (France: North Africa), dies at age 57.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Ray Charles - Unchain My Heart
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ray Charles and his Orchestra - Unchain My Heart
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
- Bobby Bland - Turn On Your Love Light
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- James Brown And The Famous Flames - Lost Someone
- The Impressions - Gypsy Woman
- Ike & Tina Turner - Poor Fool
- Sims Twins - Soothe Me
- Jimmy McCracklin - Just Got To Know
Top #11 songs in the UK
- Cliff Richard - The Young Ones
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Frank Ifield - Lovesick Blues
- Mr Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Danny Williams - Moon River
- Cliff Richard - The Next Time / Bachelor Boy
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen
- Duane Eddy - Dance With The Guitar Man
- Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums
- Billy Fury - I'd Never Find Another You
- Rolf Harris - Sun Arise
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?