Sunday January 06, 2019, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/2019, UK date format: 6/1/2019
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while The Reckoning by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching American Style.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 2019?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
- 2018 Moscow–Constantinople schism: The chancellor of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) describes the granting of autocephaly on January 5 to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine as "a secular event." (Kyiv Post)
- The chancellor of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) describes the granting of autocephaly on January 5 to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine as "a secular event." (Kyiv Post)
- At least 30 people are killed after a gold mine collapses in north-eastern Afghanistan. (BBC)
- The death toll from a storm that devastated the Philippines shortly after Christmas rises to 126. (News24)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- As Big Retailers Seek to Cut Their Tax Bills, Towns Bear the Brunt If Walmart, Lowe’s and other companies win their property tax appeals, homeowners and small businesses will have to pay more or live with smaller town budgets. [..]
- Netflix’s Bow to Saudi Censors Comes at a Cost to Free Speech The decision to remove an episode from its service in Saudi Arabia raises questions of whether entertainment giants will fight for values like free expression. [..]
- See all financial news of January 06, 2019
- 1 CAD = 0.7364 CHF