Thursday 6 July 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Oborona Sevastopolya, directed by Vasili Goncharov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Series of Pop Culture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dave Mirra BMX Challenge or Lego Star Wars II Mobile.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 6 July 2006 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 July
- Tom Weir: Scottish climber, author and broadcaster (Born 1914).
- The Nathula Pass between India and China, sealed during the Sino-Indian War, re-opens for trade after 44 years.
- South Korean media states that there are three or four short to medium range missiles on the launch pad in North Korea, ready for launch. North Korea has now threatened to do so. (Associated Press)
- Italy wins their fourth FIFA World Cup title.
- S7 Airlines Flight 778 crashes into a concrete barrier shortly after landing, killing at least 122 people and leaving many injured.
- Addressing the death of Kenneth Lay, U.S. President George W. Bush states that he hopes Lay, one of the men convicted in the collapse of Enron, ampquotwas right with the Lordampquot. (FoxNews.com)
- The long-range missile launched during North Korea's Missile Test was aimed at a point in the ocean close to the U.S. state of Hawaii. (Reuters)
- The Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' successfully docks with the International Space Station as part of the STS-121 mission. Checks of the orbiter have revealed no damage from foam falling off the external fuel tank during launch. (Spaceflight Now/CBS)
- Great Britain's young people are for the first time spending more time looking at Internet sites than watching TV, a new survey has revealed. (Daily Mail)
- In Mexico's presidential election, PRD candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador says he will file a legal challenge against the results of the ongoing official vote count that have him losing to the PAN's Felipe Calderón by 0.57 percentage points. (BBC News)
- A United States Military AH-64 Apache helicopter made an emergency landing in South Korea. There was no injury or damage to the helicopter. (Associated Press)
- The New York Court of Appeals rules in a 4-2 decision that gay marriage is not allowed under state law. (''Newsday'')
- Taiwan plans to test a missile capable of hitting mainland China. This has alarmed the island's main ally, the United States. (Agence France-Presse)
- Sectarian violence in Iraq: A car bomb explodes outside a Shi'ite Muslim shrine near the holy city of Najaf in Iraq, killing at least seven people. (Reuters)
- An explosion, believed to be caused by a bomb, killed at least eight people in a minibus in the city of Tiraspol, in Transnistria, a breakaway region of Moldova. (BBC)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- 10 Qassam rockets are launched at Israeli towns from the northern Gaza Strip, inflicting damage but no casualties. (Ynet)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?