Friday 6 May 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donald A Thomas in Cleveland and Tom Bergeron.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Bride of the Monster, directed by Edward D. Wood Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sam and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1955 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Donald A Thomas in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; PhD/Astronaut (STS 65, 70, 83, 94).
- Tom Bergeron: American game show host, Bergeron began his career as a disc jockey for a hometown radio station.
- Nicholas Alexander: 7th Earl of Caledon English politician Lord Lieutenant of Armagh.
- John Hutton: Baron Hutton of Furness English academic and politician Secretary of State for Defence.
- West Germany joins NATO
- WEU charter effective.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?