Friday 6 May 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Michel Cousteau and Jean Garon.
Vivacious Lady, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 May 1938 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Jean-Michel Cousteau
- Jean Garon: Canadian economist lawyer and politician (d. 2014).
- Eleanor Platt: QC.
- Larry Gogan: Irish radio personality.
- Gérard Nanty: French socialite, who, from the 1960s to the 1980s, ran several iconic Parisian nightclubs: the Colony, the Bronx, and Mathy's.
- Dutch writer Maurits Dekker sentenced to 50 days for "offending a friendly head of state" (Adolf Hitler).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?