Wednesday 6 April 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stéphane Fouks and Mark Davis.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Cloud-Capped Star, directed by Ritwik Ghatak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while This Is My God by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1960 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Mark Davis: American newsmaker, the biolgical son of Sammy Davis Jr.
- Stéphane Fouks: French communications consultant who is vice chairman of Havas, a French multinational advertising and public relations company, headquartered in Paris.
- James Russell: American flight crew member who died in a fiery aircraft explosion at Mitchell Airport 12/10/1993.
- Batem : Congolese-Belgian illustrator.
- Adriana Altaras: Croatian-German actress and director.
- Warren Haynes: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band Gov't Mule and The Dead).
- John Pizzarelli: American jazz guitarist, song writer, singer and bandleader.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith And His Orchestra
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Lady Luck
- Bill Black's Combo - White Silver Sands
- Jackie Wilson - Doggin' Around
- Jimmy Reed - Baby What You Want Me To Do
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?