Friday 17 April 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlo Di Palma and John Yates bishop (Lambeth.
Whirlpool of Fate, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1925 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Carlo Di Palma: Italian cinematographer, renowned for his work on both colour and black-and-white films, whose most famous collaborations were with Michelangelo Antonioni and Woody Allen.
- John Yates bishop (Lambeth: England).
- Erich Gostl: German War Hero (d. 1990).
- Arthur Larsen: American tennis player he won a Grand Slam in 1950 and was inducted into the International Hall of Fame in 1969.
- Joyce Buck: Actress / interior designer.
- Erich Göstl: Austrian-German SS officer (d. 1990).
- René Moawad: Lebanese lawyer and politician 13th President of Lebanon (d. 1989).
- J Standish: American business, engineering admistrator and CEO of Albany International, a high tech materials manufacturer for aerospace and fabrics for the paper industry.
- New York Yankee Babe Ruth has ulcer surgery
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- At the End of the Road - Lewis James
- Why Couldn't it be Poor Little Me? - Isham Jones Conducting Ray Miller's Orchestra
- O! Katharina - Ted Lewis & His Band